Music Together® Mixed-Age Class
This is the essential Music Together class, one that a child can attend from birth through age five—and through all nine song collections. This basic class follows the recommendations of child development researchers, grouping children of a variety of ages in one class. This approach fosters natural, family-style learning where younger children enjoy watching and imitating older ones; older children learn by leading younger ones; and adults are happy because the children in the family can go to class together.
Each child participates at his or her own developmental level in singing, moving, chanting, listening, observing, or exploring musical instruments. We welcome the whole family to join in this important family music experience, and any caregiver—parents, grandparents, nanny—can bring the child(ren) to class.
Each semester includes:
- 10 weekly 45-minute classes teaching a new song collection every fall, winter and spring.
- 2 New CDs each semester with the songs, rhythm chantes, “play-alongs,” tonal and rhythm patterns used in class.
- Beautifully illustrated songbook with family activities to enjoy at home.
- Online access to the songs through the Hello Everybody app
- Parent education resources and online resources.
Tuition and Dates
- First child: Summer $130.00(6 weeks) Fall, Winter, Spring $230.00 (10 weeks)
- First sibling over 8 months: Summer $70.00 (6 weeks) Fall, Winter, Spring $130.00 (10 weeks)
- Returning student discount only Fall, Winter, Spring $215.00
- Each additional sibling free
- Babies 0-8 month: Free (with registered sibling)
- Demo Classes : Free for 1 time only
Summer Songs 3 Music Together Mixed-age
Wednesday 9:30am-10:15am 06/28/2017-08/02/2017 ( 6 weeks)
Saturday 10:00am-10:45am 07/01/2017-08/05/2017 (6 weeks)
When you join, each semester you learn twenty-five new songs and activities your family will enjoy in class and at home.The upcoming Summer Songs 3 collection features the Music Together classic “Me, You, and We,” plus favorites like “See the Pony Galloping” and the Spanish folksong “Tingalayo.” We’ll have fun dramatizing the nursery rhyme “Old Kind Cole” and singing about your favorite foods in “Apples and Cherries.” In addition to your weekly classes, your tuition includes recordings and materials for you to use at home, a family newsletter with more at-home music-making ideas, and online access to the songs through the Hello Everybody app. Join us in July and August for our 6-week summer session and fill your family’s summer with music, fun and friendship!
Full payment is due with registration, this includes a non-refundable $20 registration fee. Refunds are not available after the first class, but make-ups can be arranged based on availability. Classes may be canceled if there are not enough registrations to run a class. In this case you will have the option to move to another class or be fully refunded